Must be High School graduate or equivalent and 1 year experience working in drug and alcohol treatment services. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and the ability to understand basic principles of alcohol and drug addiction treatment. Must possess valid TN drivers license and be able to obtain F-Endorsement prior to being hired.
This position requires direct patient involvement in the day-to-day schedule of residential clients to include, but not limited to, monitoring client movement during and after clinical staff hours. This position also requires group facilitation and crisis management as well as modeling distress tolerance skills to clients in a residential setting. The residential monitor will monitor medication times in conjunction with the medical staff to assure appropriate monitoring of medication times as well as providing a secure monitoring of medication cart. The residential monitor will provide crisis management, prevention, and high acuity distress tolerance skills to clients in residential level of care. The residential monitor will work with residential clinical staff to assure that residential treatment maintains a 24- hour staff/client ratio.
- Observes and monitor’s clients
- Participates in the intake process through helping with admission and facility orientation.
- Monitors and maintains client safety and hygiene.
- Provides transportation services as requested
- Assists the clinical and other support staff in routine duties and maintains an awareness of the clients personal needs while in treatment.
- Maintains office and kitchen areas including the med cabinet.
- Communicates observations made orally, in email communication notes, and shift notes.
- Takes and documents Vital signs in accordance with policy and procedures or as requested by the Nurse Practitioner.
- Supervises clients taking their prescribed medications and documents the medications taken by clients.
- Documents and secures medications in accordance to policies and procedure.
- Ensures that updates on clients are passed on to each shift.
- Does routine apartment walk throughs to ensure client safety and stability.
- Performs other duties as requested by Residential Clinical Staff.