With addiction from Opioids and Heroin reaching unprecedented rates in our county and especially in Tennessee, Mending Hearts strives to provide a safe, warm and nurturing environment where true healing can take place. Mending Hearts is grateful for every volunteer, donor, advocate, group leader, in-kind donation of food, clothing and furniture, and the list goes on.
Because of the generous support we received, in 2016 we were able to accomplish the following:
- 290 women received housing, programming and services from our A&D continuum of care recovery program
- 160 women gained employment while actively working on their recovery
- 93% of women remained employed for six months or longer
- 87% of women completed our Residential Treatment program as compared to the national average of 39%
- 73% of women remained drug and alcohol free and stabilized with the right therapy and treatment
- Our recidivism rate is 3% of clients returning to the criminal justice system